Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day 2014




Watching Todd with Laik makes me smile every single time!  Todd is an awesome father to Laik.  There is not another way to say it!  He is patient, he is caring and he is loving.  Laik does not go a single day without hearing his Daddy tell him how much he loves him!


Laik lights up when he is with Todd. Constantly, these days Laik wants to be with Todd.  No matter, what he is doing, Laik wants to be right there.


Like two peas in a pod, right there together!  Laik can't say it, but I believe if he could, he would say, "Daddy, I want to be just like you!"


Laik is on his feet more and more now.  Watching him walk hand in hand with Todd makes my heart smile with joy.  To think that we were told that Laik may not walk...makes me chuckle now!  Ripped my heart out the day it was said, but now, we celebrate every single step!
With his daddy by his side, he can do anything!


Todd and Laik share moments together all the time.  Moments that years ago, and I mean years, (it took 10 years before we got pregnant) we only dreamed of having.  Now, we live life through beautiful blue eyes that can find excitement in the jet stream trail of an airplane in the sky!


And shaking the toys at music class!  

 
And this is usually when we smile until it hurts!  Every night...a game of giggle box!  

Happy Father's Day, Todd Leffew!  Laik and I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't stop crying. .. just found out today my baby Darius has 12p... I feel like I'm drowning... I know in my heart we'll be fine but the uncertainty kills me... thanks for your blogs it's a glimer of hope for the future. ..but I'm so angry right now...he shouldn't have to suffer...how was Laik feeding? Darius has a cleft palate it's difficult feeding him...he also failed his hearing test