Saturday, August 13, 2011

Birthday Kisses, Hugs and Wishes!


Today, August 13, my 37th birthday was great!  Birthdays have always been very special for me.  I love to celebrate with family and friends.  But my birthdays have always been bittersweet too.  Having an August birthday means that "back to school" is just around the corner.  This year, that corner is quickly approaching.... MONDAY!


The summer is a time of year, for camps, vacations, pool days and cookouts!  All of which my family does well.  Granted, we had Laik in our lives last summer, we spent a lot of time inside and at the doctor.  This summer, we have been out with Laik daily, when the temps allowed.  We have had him at the lake campgrounds, the swimming pool, on walks (I walk/run...he strolls) around town and to the beach!  


Seeing the joy in Laik's face when he is at play is wonderful.  His birthday kick started our summer and the fun has not slowed down.  But now, mid August has arrived and we are looking forward to football season.  Four of the five nephews play football, middle school to collegiate levels.  So our schedule will be busy.  And nephew five plays baseball, so the stroller wheels will be turning until the holidays!


August is a big month for us.  Todd and I celebrated 15 years of marriage on August 3.  Today, is my birthday, my sister Deb also celebrates today too!  I was her 11th birthday present!  And on my 9th birthday, she married her high school sweetheart!  So, August 13 is a big day in our family.  My parents celebrate their anniversary on August 19.  Then we will round out the month with Todd's 40th birthday on August 23.  So we are partying all month long this year!  



So as I have celebrated today with Todd and Laik, it makes me realize that life is granted to us day by day.  Each day, just like my birthday, is a special day.  As long as my husband and my son, along with our families are happy and healthy....everything else is icing on the cake!


My birthday is my special day and life is good because this year, it started and ended with my husband and my son hugging and kissing on me!


Birthday Wish 2011:  That life remains to be blessed for our party of three!  I love our life just the way it is!

1 comment:

Sara Gahan said...

I LOVE this post--and I love you, friend. I couldn't feel more similarly--as long as our families are happy and healthy, life is good. Miss you and am thinking about you as your days are full and busy!

Love love,
S