Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day

My 1st Favorite Picture of Todd with Laik!
I always knew that Todd would be a wonderful father.  However, I did not know exactly how incredibly good he really would be.  That man, my husband, has surpassed every expectation I had and then some!

I have made the statement to many:  I believe that I am a good mother, but Todd is 10 times the father that I am a mother.

I always believed that I wanted a child more than Todd did.  Now, I think I was wrong.  Todd just had more faith in us being parents than I did.  I prayed and prayed and prayed to get pregnant for years (9 to be exact) and it never happened.  I can remember getting upset with Todd one time and I said, "you don't even  want me to get pregnant."  His reply, "Kim, if God wants us to have a baby, you'll get pregnant.  If not, then you won't."  Ouch, as a late 20's, early 30's woman desperately wanting a child...that was not what I wanted to hear.  But, what I have since realized - he was right.  It was all in God's time, not mine.

I remember exactly when I told Todd that I was pregnant.  It was Thursday, December 17, 2009 around 10:30 pm.  After a sick stint in a restaurant, vomiting in the parking lot and purchasing a pregnancy test (2 pack, of course) I decided "this could really be it!"

When I showed him the "PREGNANT" in the digital window on the test...I could have knocked him over with a feather!

My pregnancy was great.  Todd was supportive of all my moods, cravings and emotions.  There were most likely moments for him when he may have had thoughts of wishing I wasn't pregnant!

Fast forward to birth day.  Laik was delivered via TRUE emergency c-section at 3:28 pm on June 25, 2010.

Since that moment, I don't think I could knock Todd over with a bulldozer!  Todd has done nothing but stand firmly since the moment Laik arrived.  Todd is now lovingly referred to as "Security" or "the Warden" by the family.  One must go through him to get to Laik!  Todd makes bottles, changes diapers, does bath time, gets up at night, and is the MORNING MAN!  I leave before he does each day for work which means he has duty until the sitter arrives at the house.  He does it all.  I have to say, he does it well.

He has a love for our son that is undeniably the most incredible that I have witnessed.  And with that said, I am left speechless watching him with Laik.  My cup absolutely runneth over!

Pictures will speak much louder than my typed words!  Here is the year in review between father and son. These are just a few of my favorites!  It is hard to believe that Laik will be turning 1 year old this Saturday!
At the Guys Cookout for the Carpenter Wedding! 11 months


Nothing like hand kisses!


Bath time love!


First Tractor Ride....his 2 month birthday!

Meet the Mocs at Finley

His first snow angel in January!

I love the serious look on Laik's face....matches the hat!

Laik's First Snow on Christmas Day 2010....6 months old

First Easter and Todd was the bunny!

Big slide at the County Park...9 months old.

February....Love Love Love Month

First 4-wheeler ride with Daddy!

Christmas Fun!

First gun for Christmas!  (I know, a little soon, but whatever!)

Daddy really wanted him to walk!

Laik's introduction to Goose Hunting!

He always says there is nothing better than having Laik sleep on his chest!

Laik was so small in Todd's hand!
Todd's first time to hold Laik!

The pictures show the happiness when he is with Laik.  The two of them have experienced many new "1st" together and I am anxious to see what year 2 has in store for Laik and his daddy!

Happy Father's Day, Honey!  I couldn't have gotten through this year without you!


To Daddy and Freelan:  Todd and I are thankful to you for being our first example of what a father should be.  Love you both!




No comments: