Friday, June 10, 2011

Yeah Laik!

After many months of playing PeekABoo with Laik, today he pulled the Lovie away from my face!  I was so excited that I scared him when I said, "YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAA LAIK!"

Laik is beginning to do more that makes me believe that he is "getting" it.

  1. He loves the patty cake game....still no rolling and throwing dough.  But he laughs when we do it.
  2. He brings his hands together and interlocks his fingers.  We call it "praying."
  3. When I read a book, he loves to "turn the page"  amazingly it is always to the left. 
  4. He is transferring toys from hand to hand.  He prefers the ball more than anything. 
  5. He scratches every texture, with his thumb!!!  This is funny, it is music to my ears in the car.
  6. When playing with his Chime Garden, he waits for the lights to go off, then will hit it again to activate the sounds and lights.
  7. In the bath, he is splashing the water more and more.
  8. In the highchair, he has finally realized that the tray is there and loves to smack his hands down!
  9. He is making more and more sounds.  We have heard the O and A.  
  10. He is laughing out loud and I love the sound of his laugh.
  11. He loves to eat.  Ella's Kitchen foods are by far his favorites.  We have tried puffs, but he tends to gag.  Slowly, we are progressing with solids.
  12. He loves tummy time, but his tummy is so heavy, he has yet to get up on his knees...on his own.
  13. He is developing a personality....more to come on that.  
  14. He rocks side to side....he is testing his limits with balance.
  15. And he continues to make me have joy in my heart daily!
Laik's  FIRST birthday is just 15 days away.  Todd and I are so proud of everything he has accomplished up to this point.  And we are really looking forward to his big day and maybe, just maybe he will have a tooth by then!!!!


No comments: