Monday, June 6, 2011

Granny Turner's Tub

My precious Granny Turner had an old yellow tub and I am certain that just about all of the grandchildren and most of the great grandchildren were bathed in it at some point, in the kitchen sink.  The corner of Spears and Ziegler was a very special place to many.  Granny and Papa Turner lived there.....forever!

Their small two bedroom home with a fenced in yard was a structure filled with love.  It was instilled in us that you always have the door open when someone needs you, you always feed as many as need/want to eat,  you love unconditionally and you trust that God will take care of you.  Though these rules were never verbally stated, this is my interpretation of how I believe my grandparents lived their lives.

Unfortunately, both of my grandparents have gone on to be with the Lord and the house no longer stands, but trust me...many, many memories of that corner live on.  Since Laik was born, my mother has wanted to give him a bath in the "old yellow tub".....well, Sunday evening at Mother and Daddy's we did just that!

After a good wash for the tub, it was ready to go into a new sink.  Granted, my mother's kitchen is far different from the old kitchen sink at Granny's,  it was truly a special moment.  The joy on my mother's face to see Laik in the tub was well worth it.  She immediately said, "Your granny would have loved seeing you in this tub!"  Laik just grinned, and that alone always tickles my mother's heart.

As for Granny and Papa...I firmly believe that it tickled their heart too!


Playing with the "rinse" cup!


1 comment:

Kelly and Lee Ann Baty said...

Job Well Done!

Love,
Lee Ann and Kelly