Monday, May 23, 2011

Wedding Day...



Saturday May 21, 2011 was Laik's first wedding....to attend!

A longtime friend of my nephew's was celebrating his big day and we were lucky to be a part of it.  But, as I sat in the church pew in the beautiful Patten Chapel at UTC, I started to think about my own wedding.  Todd and I had planned to marry there, but things changed and we ended up having a beautiful outdoor wedding almost a year sooner than expected. Everyone asked if I was pregnant?....Really?  If they only knew our story...it's not that easy!

Having these thoughts also made me think of the future....Will Laik ever marry? It is not likely and that is ok.

Each day as we live this life, I become more and more at peace with Laik's condition. This child of mine enlightens and puts happiness in the hearts of everyone he meets.  His smile is infectious! That gummy grin can make the day better for anyone within seconds.  And that gives me joy in my heart!

And as far as weddings are concerned....You can count on him being in at least five, because all our nephews are going to marry someday.....we hope!


Happy Birthday today to Mimi too! 

1 comment:

Cheryl Masengale said...

Happy birthday linda! Hope you enjoyed!! It looks like little kisses from Laik was the birthday wish!